Prosurv were appointed as Project Managers and Cost Consultants for the project located on the former Corus Steelworks at Llanwern. This 165,000 sq.ft Rail Manufacturing Facility operates as a high-technology Train Assembly and Manufacturing Centre of Excellence, incorporating Warehouse, office and Amenity Space over two floors.
CAF Rail Manufacturing Facility
Industrial & Manufacturing
Works also involved complex Rail Infrastructure Works comprising a Train Testing Facility for diesel and electric trains and connection to existing rail sidings infrastructure.
- Extremely fast procurement and construction period – 16 months start to finish;
- Manufacturing facility will produce diesel and electric trains, trams and high-speed train units;
- Works will include a rail head connection to the main line;
- The site will employ 1000 people;
- “The factory has the flexibility to allow us to respond to exacting demands of both existing and new customers by providing the most complete offering of any rolling stock provider operating in the UK” said CAF’s UK Director, Richard Garner.